Protocol for Shopping
- Ring partner (person you’re helping) to make arrangements about list of shopping, cash, and bags. Give approx. ETA. Explain you will not be dealing face-to-face. Remember Co-op is preparing orders and taking payment over the phone now (Co-op tel: 01993 852242)
- Ring from car to inform of arrival
- Put on gloves and collect items
- Return with shopping and change, TAKE photo of receipt and leave on doorstep and then ring partner from car to inform them it’s there. Possibly enquire gently if there are friends, family or neighbours to help in future
- Ring coordinator to say job done and WASH HANDS
Remember we are calling the volunteers like you helpers, the people we are helping partners and the person with the phone taking calls the co-ordinator.